I can’t believe we are just finishing Week 14 of the renovation. It has gone so quickly! At least we think it’s Week 14 – my Stevie thinks that we started May 19 because he remembers spending his birthday weekend cleaning out the garage getting ready for demolition…I seem to think it was a bit later! If only we’d started this reno journal earlier…
So far we have:
- demolished 3/4 our house
- laid a new slab
- put up the new part of the house
- got walls and roof on the new bit
- destroyed our garden and sent our chooks to live with a friend until the renos are over
Once we finish the new bit we will move into it – then work will begin on the remaining old bit!
- How lovely and speedy our tradies have been (well speedy up to now – just had news our stone mason is waaaay behind thus putting our build out a bit argh)
- Seeing the new house come together and our ideas actually crystalising in front of us
- Renovating through the thick of winter – the freezing cold, frost in the bathroom! …but it’s been great that there are no bugs or mosquitos as there would have been through Summer!
- Living through the dust, noise, lack of privacy …but it has been cosy living together in a tiny space
- How depressing it is that everything we love costs the earth! …but our sacrifices are worth it too